History of the Bezvodivka village.
Bezvodovka solar observatory is located nearby the mouth of the Bezvodivka river. Obviously, the river’s name indicates that it periodically dried up. In the end of the 18th century, the Bezvodivka private property homestead settlement appeared on its banks. Initially, the settlement was mentioned in the “Description of Chernihiv Vicegerency” in 1781 and was owned then by Yazhevsky, a priest. At that time, Bezvodivka was a part of Ichnianska squadron of Pryluky regiment, within the period of 1782-1796 it was a part of Borzniansky district, and from 1797 to 1923 it was a part of Pryluky district.
In 1859, it numbered 7 courtyards, 48 residents. Bezvodivka was a part of Ivanytska volost of the first camp. In 1910, it numbered 6 households, including one of the Cossacks, two of the villagers, one privileged stratum’s household, totaling in 74 residents, including two of them who carried out intelligent activities and other two residents who carried out non-agricultural activities, and the remainder of the adult population were engaged in agriculture on 250 tenths of appropriate soil.
Once upon a time, Bezvodivka, or Gagalanshchyna, as it was formerly called, was the state-owned land, until it was granted to Galagan. By that time, the residents of surrounding villages of Huzhivka, Irzhavets and Ichnia freely herded their kettle on the lands of Bezvodivka. Bezvodivka descended from Galagan to Lamsdorf, his son-in-law. In 1898, it descended from Lamsdorf to Kharytonenko, and further from Kharytonenko to Mykhailo Serhiiovych Oliv, his son-in-law. In Bezvodivka, there were about three thousand tenths of economic land. Its soil was predominately black soil and very fertile. Kharytonenko arranged rich economy in Bezvodivka according to the latest standard that could be ensured by the machinery, agronomy, etc. The standard barracks for employees, houses for officials, kitchens, sheds, storehouses, etc. were furnished. For the most part, sugar beet was grown on fields as the crude material for the sugar factory in the village of Parafiivka, which was also owned by Kharytonenko. In 1918, rich economy of Bezvodivka was destroyed, robbed, everything was brought out, and the things that could not be brought out were burned.
In times of establishing districts, in 1923, Bezvodivka was incorporated into Nizhyn district. Then the citizens of Bezvodivka, being chased out by the Bolshevik collectivization, were forced to leave their homestead settlement and resettle. In 1925, Bezvodivka occurred at a new place in the upper reaches of the homonymous river. It had already numbered 70 courtyards. However, after 70 years, in 1996, the village numbered only 4 courts and 8 residents. Nowadays, there is not a single person left there, and the village that was formerly crowded remained only in maps and memory of the people.