For human in all ages, the Sun was more than a mere celestial body. It was a deity and source of life. However, one may see this deity only at the hours of its emergence on the horizon during the sunrise and the sunset. How did the people in ancient times observe, for instance, an incredible phenomenon of eclipse with their eyes safe? One might pour water into a bowl and watch the reflection. That was the very thing that they did for thousands of years, until the representatives of the Catacomb Archeological Culture improved the method.
The close sights that are called by people as the “Robleni Mohyly” (“Made Graves”) form a circle with the diameter of 185 meters. Furthermore, one may draw a circle with the radius of 2960 meters through four distant sights. In order to make a circle of such scale, one should know the geometry of the circle and its basic component that is number 3,14. I found an evidence for that, and it consists in the relation between the distance from the centre to the Northern distant sight (1830 m) and the distance between the Southern Eastern and Southern Western distant sights (5746 m). It is equal to 3.14. This relation indicates that the portion of 1830 m is the radius of the circle.
The geometry of the Bezvodovka solar observatory in some way is determined by the terrain of the area, however, at the same time, its mathematical proportions perfectly fit the landscape. The sorcerers/astronomers observed the nature and its phenomena, and knew, or it’s better to say, wot its laws, therefore the mathematics of the harmony of the surrounding world is presented within the observatory’s geometry. The solar observatory of Bezvodovka is not a random group of land mounds but a complex planned in a mathematical way and having its geometry. The evidence of that is the proportions laid by the architects into the observatory’s structure.
Bezvodovka solar observatory is located nearby the mouth of the Bezvodivka river. Obviously, the river’s name indicates that it periodically dried up. In the end of the 18th century, the Bezvodivka private property homestead settlement appeared on its banks. Initially, the settlement was mentioned in the “Description of Chernihiv Vicegerency” in 1781 and was owned then by Yazhevsky, a priest. At that time, Bezvodivka was a part of Ichnianska squadron of Pryluky regiment, within the period of 1782-1796 it was a part of Borzniansky district, and from 1797 to 1923 it was a part of Pryluky district.
One kilometer North of the extinct village of Bezvodivka of Ichnia district In Ukraine, a group of land mounds is located. Four mounds are located in a circular position with the diameter of 185m. The complex is located at the height of 170 m above the sea level on a plateu, watershed of the rivers of Ichenka, Bezvodivka and one of the mouths of the Smosh river. They are described in scientific papers as the mounds of the nomadic tribes of the first and second millennium BC. However, if one reviews them from a wider perspective, they will be forced to doubt in the scholars’ conclusion.